Q. What to choose LED vs HID?
A: Well, basic light beam pattern mainly depends on your vehicles headlamps design or reflecting curvature. As good as the headlamp design is, as minimum as the light wastage and utilizes full lights coming out from a bulb. As per ECZ observation, if you are looking for an evenly distributed light pattern (near or far), LED is the best. If your choice is for the beam pattern like a torch, HID is for you. If you consider economic option, LED is best since its lifetime is great, usually 30,000Hrs to 50,000Hrs+. For a HID, lifetime usually only 3,000Hrs. For a normal quality Halogen bulb, lifetime is mostly 300Hrs only. HID lights color tone gets changing/fade out with respect to time or use. But LED is much consistent in this issue. LED headlights has better resistance to shock, dust even water contact, but HID is more prone to be damaged. Finally, the decision is yours!
Q. What are the main factors for LED lights?
– LED chip’s brand: LED chips from world famous brands has consistency in performance and are less hazardous to health from radiation.
– Cooling System: Good RPM cooling fan is must to extent LED chips lifespan.
– Waterproof Rating, Dust-proof, Shock-proof: Tthe more IP rating means better survival chance in harsh weather conditions like Bangladesh weather.
– Brightness & Color Tone: Brightness is a per your need. Extreme Brightness may cause blindness for the incoming traffic or driver. Which is illegal also. Color tone represents the color of light it delivers. Starting from 3000k, it may be 10,000k or more. The higher the Blueish, the lower the Yellowish. Blueish color is beautiful and may workable for city driving. For Off-road or highway driving 6000k or less color tone is suggested.
– Watt & Ampere rating: Higher means brighter, but more prone to higher heat dissipation, LED chips burn-out or less life existence. Higher electrical rating means higher load on your battery, ultimately reduces battery life as well.
– LED chip’s lifespan: The more the value, the more consistent it is.
Q. If I have OEM Halogen bulbs, can I upgrade to LED or HID?
A: You can upgrade to LED headlights immediately without any modification or additional items. But, to upgrade to HID bulbs, you need to install HID ballast kit for each bulb in your vehicle. After installing HID ballast kit once, you can continue using HID bulbs
Q. What about when you find a same/similar Product in the local market?
A: This issue is common, finding look-alike or similar looking products in local market. Sometimes, few ECZ customers inform that they found almost same products in the local market at much cheaper price. ECZ politely informs that, similar look products doesn’t mean the same products. In the world market, although most of the products are made in China, but quality of those products ships to USA/Europe/Middle-East market is not same as the quality of the same products ships to Asian markets. For example, for a LED headlight, if the locally available light has the same outside Aluminum body comparing to any one of ECZ sold headlight products, it does not mean that the products are both same. If the local item has cheap inferior LED chips installed in the same looking body, a general customer would never recognize it. Sometimes, those locally available cheap LED Chips-made lights may look brighter than ECZ products, fact that possibly those LED chips lifetime is greatly sacrificed to boost their normal brightness by manipulating electrical parameters. Furthermore, using a LED light made of cheap inferior LED chips may become a hazardous source of radiation for you, apparently for the environment.